View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #53
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Question on Helmets in Pro Bowl for Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
To all the people who simply don't believe that the amount of RAM the consoles currently have isn't handicapping things like this let me try to put it into perspective.

I play a game called Sins of the Solar Empire which is a RTS set in space. I got into the game when I still had an older Toshiba lap top that only had 1 GB of RAM which is still a lot more than what the current consoles have. Well even on the low settings where all the textures were horribly blurred my computer could only handle about 8 or so ships on the screen (while being at a zoomed in where you could actually make out some of the details on the ships). Any more than 8 turned the game into a lagfest and if I tried to up the graphically quality so that I could get the individual windows then the game simply wouldn't play unless I zoomed out till everything essentially became a button interface of pressing planets without ever seeing the ships.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible to some how get them in the game but I can see how having so little RAM in comparison to where technology is at today means that they have sacrifice some stuff due to this. Look at the specs of any low end computer today and you begin to see how old these consoles are beginning to look.
Nitpicking, but RAM wasn't the issue with Sins on the laptop. You came across a GPU bottleneck probably due to the amount of polygons being rendered on the screen.