Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #74
infemous
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
Tell me about it man. And the worst part about it is the guy has nobody to answer too. He can give anyone any rating he wants with no justification. Its painfully evident he doesnt take his craft seriously and do the research required for such a task. He had an extended offseason to get these ratings correct by using the gamefilm the NFL provides him to correctly asess the players.

Its clear that the job is overwhelming the guy or he is flat out incometent, the latter more than likely. They need to bring 3 more people on to help him. Each person should be assigned 2 divisions apiece that doesnt contain their favorite team and we would see much a much better job than this crap. No reason why 1 man should be assigned ratings for the entire league. Its human nature to just stop caring at some point when your have to go over film (which I doubt he does) statistics etc.... for nearly 2000 players and have them all be accurate. Donny Moore is nothing more than an ESPN drone.

I really dont want to get into the Bryant vs Williams issue but based on play on the field their ratings shouldnt be that close. I know the guy was hurt but Aqib Talib was out 5 games and played lights out but still managed to get shafted. Bryant had an ok season and still gets overrated while Mike Williams and Blount are arguably the 2 best offensive rookies in the league and get rated terribly in comparison.

Blount has over 1000 yards rushing starting only 7 games and is an 81 ovr. Bryant has under 600 yards receiving and is an 83. Makes 0 sense.

Dude. That is EXACTLY what I have been saying. EXACTLY.

I linked a thread in my sig about Madden Ratings needing a TEAM.

Please lend it some weight, currently people are just moaning at how awful Donny is without offering a way out.
I think Donny is as incompetent as you do, but I understand that I wouldn't be able to do a better job purely because I'd get bored, the workload is mad.
EA with their resources shouldn't leave such a vital aspect of the game in the control of one person with limited football knowledge (you want proof look at him make a football statement on twitter and be proved wrong almost immediately...) EA need to support their product and not make it so painfully obvious that they don't care.