View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #75
s38s38s
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBucs
We ran Caddy into the ground his rookie season. He was our offense with QBs like Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski at the helm. For an offensive guru Gruden did nothing with our O. We have a better offense in 2 years after Gruden is gone than he had in his whole tenure.
Perhaps, but he got ya'll a ring...just saying.

Also to those complaining about Ronde, dudes what 36 years old...how fast do you want him to be? The Buccs run a Cov 2 zone scheme, and the games I see vs Carolina 2x a year in nickel situations Ronde plays inside (protecting him from being beat deep). I'm sure his zone coverage is high (91 zone, 94 press) because at this point in his career that's what he excels at, and that is why he can still play in the Buccs defense. He guards space well, in man coverage yeah he's a liability.

If I'm a Buccs user I'd suggest perfecting what your team is designed to do...play zone defense. When you need to go man Talib (89 man, 92 zone, 90) can lock down a number one, use a package sub to put Biggers (94 speed, 73 man) at the #2 DB spot so you have two big DB's with speed and great/servicable man coverage. Use that D-Line with McCoy, Bowers, and Clayborn to generate some pressure with their combo of 94, 91, 90 PMV.

The overalls may be a little skewed for your team, but any seasoned Madden fans knows that overalls are simply for show, and so the CPU can assess the depth chart. If you play to this teams strength on offense and defense, you would be fine online in OLF's etc. Now having starting rookies come in low ovr for OLF's is tough (that's why I delay our OLF start a full month). But this team has speed at LB, three beast D-Lineman, a good mixture of man/zone/press/speed at DB, to go along with solid safeties.

Offensively you can lean on Blount and change the pace with Huggins, your WR's Williams, and Benn have high beat press so if someone is foolish enough to press you'll win your share of battles and pick up nice gains after beating the press. If they have to play off the quick slants are there, with Winslow he's still a good mismatch especially while using package subs in the shotgun where he lines up in the slot in split backs.

As a homer (Carolina fan), I know what it's like to want more for your team, but this is a solid team for a good player when you play to their strengths especially given zone defense is improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove