View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #9
StumpyJones
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The commentary didn't take a step back this year it just didn't improve much, but it's definitely better than last year. They probably didn't work too much on this kind of stuff for this years game because they are moving everything to the new commentary engine in Madden 13. It's going to be the same engine FIFA uses, hopefully everyone can bear with it this year and we are supposed to be getting great commentary next year. This is the same thing they did with presentation with all the cameras, team intros, stat overlays and stuff last year. They worked on it last year, but put it in Madden 12 and now we are definitely reaping those benefits.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. It feels worse then last year to me. Aside from the numbers, the commentary is rarely on time with the play and it feels much more disconnected. It's closer to Joe Montana Football. There are times when there is so much silence, you feel the commentary was shut off an even things like the score seem to have gotten worse. Example from me playing last night:

"The score is the Saints: 19... ... ... ... ... Atlanta 0"

Also, when my offense ran on the field for the first time showing stat overlays and Brees running from the sideline, complete silence.