View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
ebongreen
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: The Cooper Reno (English 2010) Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
I see how you might be confused by my questions/comments! I thought sure you were talking about Downloadable Content that came along since the original game. I visualized someone going back to an interesting draft year (maybe 1983), assigning ratings to imitate real life and fake names, at least for all the memorable players, and building a new future draft data base.
Nope. As far as I know, the only DLCs were a patch and a roster update.

Quote:
It sounds like the original developers did something similar but with the draft years connected.
Yes and no. The English 2009 draft includes clones of the quarterback class of 1983 (English = Elway, K. James = Jim Kelly, Morrow = Marino). It's not that the developers are copying entire historic NFL drafts - they're choosing favorite players and draft situations to "echo", as well as creating ones from thin air.

Quote:
Assuming I eventually finish one career (said the man entering his 4th regular season game ) and start another is there a way to ensure I don't get the same future draft data base?
Not-really/kinda. The draft path is chosen at random just before the regular season of '08 begins. If you want to get a different path, you'll have to save after your last preseason game and if you don't get a different path, just fall back to your save and try again.