View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Celtic34
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: GameTrailers Review

These games need to be reviewed on a different scale imo. 8 these days is more like a pretty good game. a 9 is a game that is solid technicallly but doesn't do anything that innovative. If someone actually came out with a game that was rock solid and innovative actually pushed boundaries, these games would be getting 5's. Average. Because that's what they are. Nothing to write home about here.

Imagine a football game that actually gives you an entirely different feeling and immersive experience and is actually good. That would be great. I know pipe dream. But madden gets an 8 innovation for adding tackling animations that should have been in the game a long time ago.

I remember buying games nad being like omg you have to play this to my friends. That's an 8 and great.

This game compared to other games out there is average. Most games are. Great means it does something that is great. There are very few games out there today that are actually great. It's just a sea of average.

The Show when it first came out was Great. It pushed boundaries and did something other games weren't. People were actually buying a ps3 just to play that game. That's great.

Last edited by Celtic34; 08-26-2011 at 07:08 PM.