View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
CigarCityBandit
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else having trouble do manual pass rushes with OLB in 3-4?

After much comparison I will tell you this. Trying to play as a DLineman on any game speed other than Fast or ideally VERY FAST (which is how I play Madden now) is almost pointless. Coming from a guy who enjoyed 2k football because of the control that I had as a DE or DT, the fastest game speed is the only way to go.
The whole problem with Maddens DLine controls is this: You cant use the moves until you are engaged. THis is the problem plain and simple. So, when you are playing on a slower game speed, the ball gets snapped and it take FOREVER to engage which is TOTALLY unrealistic. In an NFL football game the engagement between the OL and DL happens immediately. BUT on slower than FAST and VERY FAST game speeds this engagement takes a year to happen so you really cant tell accurately WHEN to use the move on the stick, the control feels SPONGY. 2k got this right from their FIRST football game.
When u ramp up the game speed, the engagement happens like it should (ESPECIALLY ON VERY FAST). SO all you have to do is wait for the snap, and then move the stick and its either going to work or it wont and you need to use another move, maybe to the inside if you went outside first- JUST LIKE AN ACTUAL DEFENSIVE END WOULD!! Typically I will pull the speed burst trigger WHILE I am using the right stick and it really works well. But this is the caveat...YOu have to change the gamespeed or use a team with ridiculously fast Dlinemen like the GIANTS. And dont forget to use a move back to the inside if the outside move fails. Most times an Olineman no matte how good he is wont be agile enough to parry TWO moves and this is also pretty realistic. By that second move if the qb hasnt thrown the ball he SHOULD be meat.