View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Dogslax41
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Bengals

Traded Palmer, Cook and my third round pick to the Dolphins for Pouncey and Moore (only took Moore because their roster was full).

Signed UFA Noel Devine to compete with Leonard/Peerman/Finley for the 3rd string back.

Preseason
Finished 1-3 with my sole win over the Lions.

Preseason highlights and news of note
Devine ended up beating out Peerman and Finley and I couldn’t bring myself to cut Devine or Leonard so I went into the season with four backs (Benson, Scott, Leonard and Devine)

Taylor Mays is an absolute beast in run support. He caused three fumbles in four games (love it but the big hitting needs to be toned down a bit). I love watching the HB juke my LB only to be destroyed by Mays. Pass coverage he gets toasted more often than not, but it’s worth keeping him in for his big play potential.

After week 3 the Steelers cut Larry Foote and I picked him up to back up Maualuga.

Something that made me crack up was the Raiders cut Pryor during the week 3 cuts. Apparently the CPU doesn’t approve of Al Daivs’ football logic.

Regular Season
First game of the season I got housed by the Browns. Dalton threw three picks and Hillis ran wild in the fourth quarter. This was a typical Bengal game as I was leading 14-10 at half time and managed to lose 31-14. The spiral started with the opening kickoff of the second half when the return man that I signed (Banks) from free agency showed why he was a free agent when he coughed the ball up on our own 28. After the 15 yard fumble return it only took McCoy one play to find the endzone. After going back and forth for the third quarter Mr. Hillis decided to show up in the fourth. I thought I had done well when he only had around 70 yards and no TDs going into the last quarter, but one quarter was all he needed to impact the game finishing with 2 TDs and 180 yards.