View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Stylez777
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Isn't it about time recruiting get's overhauled?

Glad this stirred up some discussion!

I love recruiting and it was too easy. The random wheel while probably a necessity isn't the best solution. Things I would like to see that may or not be in there already:

System you run dictating who signs with you!: Let's say I am a powerhouse I'll choose Alabama. If I run an option offense and over the course of years going by I am a run dominant team wouldn't more HB and Speedy option QB's want to come to my school? I shouldn't be able to land the top 5* WR's just because I am a 6 star school. a Top WR would go to a better system where he would be used more, same goes for Pocket Passer QB going to an option based offense school. Also Defensive players roles would work the same depending what system you run.

Diamonds and Busts
: as mentioned before just because a recruit is a 5* shouldn't mean he is always awesome! There should be a bust system where sometimes a recruit just doesn't fit your system or just doesn't acclimate well and becomes a bust. Also 2-3* recruits could the opposite, be better then they where scouted out to be. I remember a game where a players rating was different depending on the type of offense or defense system you ran, that would work well here.

Rating overhaul
: I think the whole rating system should be tweaked. It should not be a set # but a range of numbers where it could fluctuate up or down depending on certain factors like how they practiced during the week, grades slipping etc Could add some more realism to the game. Adding the option to setup weekly practice schedules, would help with player progression, player on-field performance and tie into recruiting.

Just some ideas, lot of this would add more micro-managing but in a dynasty setting I would not mind this at all, some others will. I'd be happy if recruiting was just not based on hours spend and what your team prestige is. Top Recruits go to non power schools sometimes for various reasons. this game your a powerhouse you get whoever you want.