View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Actinguy1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Next Five Years

Probably won't start my franchise in earnest until the next roster update...so thought I'd try a project in the meantime just to see how it turns out and if I learn anything interesting.

I'm simming the next 5 years of NCAA and Madden and reporting the results here. Feel free to comment if you like. I did write down the conference winners in NCAA but wasn't sure that those would be of interest, or that this was the right forum. If there is interest and no one objects, I'll throw those in.

BCS Championship Game: South Carolina 27 - Boise State 7

Heisman Winner: QB Darron Thomas, Oregon. Interestingly, the Heisman was his only trophy. Maxwell, Walter Camp, and O'Brien went to QB Case Keenum, Houston.

Notable injuries before week 1 (names I immediately recognize): PIT SS Troy Polamalu (8). CHI Cutler (4), Hanie (1). BUF Fitzpatrick (IR). KC Cassel (IR). PHI Desean Jackson (7).

Starting Quarterbacks:
CIN I deleted Carson Palmer. Bengals hired Bruce Gradkowski to start over Andy Dalton.

CHI Rookie Nathan Enderle started the first game. Hanie took over on the second game, until Cutler returned in week 5.

BUF With Fitzpatrick on injured reserve, Tyler Thigpen got the starting job.

KC With Cassel on injured reserve, rookie Stanzi started...which is BS, because the actual 2nd string QB Tyler Palko was a highschool classmate of mine.
2011 Mid Season (week 9)
Notable injuries: HOU Leinart (IR), MIN Ponder (IR), CIN Gradkowski (2), BUF Thigpen (3), CLE McCoy (2), IND Manning (5), NE Brady (7), WAS Grossman (1).

Starting QBs:
CIN Rookie Andy Dalton
BUF Brad Smith
CLE Seneca Wallace
IND Dan Orlovsky
NE Rookie Ryan Mallet
WAS John Beck
Midseason Standings
AFC North
Steelers 6-2
Ravens 5-2
Bengals 4-3
Browns 1-6

AFC South
Jaguars 5-3
Titans 3-4
Colts 3-5
Texans 3-5

AFC East
Patriots 6-1
Dolphins 3-4
Bills 2-5
Jets 1-6 (I have NO idea what happened here)

AFC West
Chargers 5-2
Raiders 4-3
Chiefs 4-3
Broncos 2-5

NFC North
Packers 4-3
Vikings 4-4
Lions 4-4
Bears 3-4

NFC South
Falcons 5-2
Saints 5-3
Buccaneers 4-3
Panthers 3-5

NFC East
Eagles 5-2
Giants 4-3
Redskins 2-5
Cowboys 2-5

NFC West
Seahawks 4-3
Rams 4-3
49ers 3-4
Cardinals 3-4

I'll post the end of the season in just a second.

Advertisements - Register to remove