View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #27
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How is Nano Blitzing and Rocket Catching Cheese?

Do you want to see cheese? You can skip to the 7:30 mark in this video:

Now the next video, which is short, is of me playing OTP with a friend and a random against another team of three. This is also using the nickle sub [one of my favorite defensive formations in football right now.] The only "change" we make to the play is to crash the D-line left or right. Not slide, bust crash.

Play 1: A cover zero 6 man blitz against only 5 pass blockers. Someone should get free, and it happens to be a fast linebacker.

Play 2: I called "monster 3." This is a zone blitz hat sends 5 pass rushers. By having my friend use crash right, he has the DE that was supposed to drop into a hook zone pass rush instead, making this another 6 man blitz. The offense ran a screen pass. This meant that we were sure to get free pass rushers, and we did. This turned into a turn over and a defensive score!

Play 3: Storm Red. Another zone blitz, but this time we are sending the SS as one of the pass rushers.

Play 4: Monster 3 for the second time in the game. [these were the only nickle sub plays of the game.] this time my friend forgot to crash the line, and I forget to remind him. The pass was complete for a nice gain with only 5 pass rushers.

Play 5: Off of the hurry up, I audible into a cover three and show A-Gap pressure. The QB panics at first, expecting the heat, can't find an open receiver, and then it's too late. Coverage sack. Notice my friend playing NT moves Hampton out ot the left to try and contain a possible scramble. I told my friend, if you can't get to the QB quickly, you should try to contain the edge, as Madden players like to scramble to the sideline. [My friend was new to Madden last year]

Play 6: Crash 3. I have my friend crash the D-Line in the direction of the blitz to try and overload the O-Line. I bluff A-Gap pressure with the LB. The pressure gets there in a hurry. The QB makes the worst decision and throws the ball instead of taking the sack. It is easily picked and taken back for a score.

You do not have to do a lot of "crazy" adjustments to get pressure in Madden. You just have to understand the plays and adjust. My defense isn't unstoppable, and I hope no one thinks it's cheese. While it may look like a lot of cover three zone blitzes, it is again important to note that these were just the nickle sub plays of the game. I call all kinds of defensive fronts and plays... although I do love zone blitzes.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-31-2011 at 02:22 PM.