Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #89
pmurray20
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
I understand it just fine. But the problem is not irreparable. And since we have the ability to do something about it, there's a point beyond which it's senseless to continue complaining instead of just biting the bullet and making the fix. Let the developers know what the issue is and even suggest some fixes, such has having the NCAA draft classes include all of the seniors and players who left early- because it appears that the NCAA draft classes don't bring in enough players to support the expanded rosters. But don't continue to beat a dead horse.

A large part of this problem is that from what I've been reading, the CPU is worse than ever when it comes to releasing players instead re-signing them, creating a lot of roster holes which it then fills with these scrub fakes. That's not a problem for me, because I've been doing 32 team control for years. I'm strictly offline franchise, so I would have given up on Madden long ago if there was not a 32 team control option.

I re-sign players for all teams. I go through the list and determine who the team should try to keep. Using a random number generator, I determine who re-signs and who opts for free agency, then use the franchise tag to keep one of the guys going FA if his OVR merits it.

I skip the FA bidding wars. Instead, I make a list of FA's, then determine which teams would be targeting them. Back to the random number generator. High number gets the player, and the team that gets him eliminates other players at that position from its list- no oversigning at a position in my franchises.

I draft for each team according to its needs for at least three rounds before autodrafting for the other 3 teams. I try to improve all the teams. I trade picks to ensure that teams have picks traded to them in the past, and I rotate the order for teams with the same record by trading the picks (i.e. a 2-14 team picks first, and second and third are a couple of 3-13 teams are 2nd and 3rd. In round 2, the team with the third overall pick will be picking second.

That's a lot of extra work, I know, but I wouldn't do an offline franchise without it. Should I HAVE to do it to improve franchise? No, the game should be better than that, and I let EA know every year. But since I have the option of doing those things, SHOULD I do them instead of letting the CPU do wonky stuff. For me it's either yes, or skip the game entirely. I actually enjoy doing my offseasons this way, as it keeps me familiar with who is on each team.

On the subject of player acquisition, another advantage to 32 team control is getting front 7 players that are appropriate to a team's defensive scheme, such as DT-sized DE's for 3-4 teams.

Other things I can do in 32 team control are set the RB carry splits for each team, which actually worked for sim stats lats year, set the coaching tendencies to generate accurate season stats, and give return duties to a backup player instead of a star WR/RB

Your work load with 32 team control doesn't have to be nearly as heavy as mine. You can reset signing, drafting, etc. to CPU and intervene as much or as little as you see fit. Don't see 32 team control as an inconvenience. See it as a tool to enhance your franchise experience.

What will I do in year 2 when a bunch of fake players show up? I'll go here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...s?&start_row=0

-which has a list of 750 prospects for the 2012 draft, and change the names and schools. As has been the case for me in the past with Madden-generated classes, you should be able to find a player who is within a few pounds on weight and an inch in height. I even use real life names from the scouting services for the first 2-3 seasons after 5 classes of NCAA exports.

Ratings too high for UDFA's? Edit them.

As I mentioned before, another option is re-rating the fakes to 0 and cutting them. By the time the regular season starts, they will have disappeared from the FA pool.

In a nutshell, 32 team control makes this a non-issue, and the old expression "tempest in a teapot" comes to mind.

WOW you and I do the same things when it comes to this game haha