Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
permanent1
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
At the same time he is very right. I spent over $400 on a laptop almost two months ago.

HP Pavilion g6
Intel i3 [quad core] @2.4GHz processor
4Gigs of RAM
500Gig Hard Drive
DVD-RW
Win 7 64-bit

It's a nice computer. I enjoy it. It was very competitively priced for it's features, for a laptop. However, I can't even play Fallout 3 or Dargon Age Origins on it. To be fair, that is because laptops are not built for gaming... but seriously? I spend more on a new laptop than I have to spend on a FIVE+ YEAR OLD console and I can't play games built for that FIVE YEAR OLD console? Common.

You need to spend a good amount of money on your PC to game. More than you do to pick up and play on a console. You do not have to worry about installation, compatibility, settings, etc. Also, I can play XBox with my friends online. I would have to have my friends also buy an expensive PC set up to game with them online.

Unlike permanent1, I know you can hook your PC up to your TV. I used to do that before I moved. I also understand and love mods for PC games. I have been playing a heavily modified version of Morrowind on my laptop since I cannot use my 360 right now. The thing is, console gaming appeals to me more, and has my whole life. I grew up on Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Earthbound, Chrono trigger, Star Fox, etc. You couldn't play those on the PC back in the day. I am glad you can now play modern classics like Mass Effect, Fallout3, and dragon age on the computer... except wait, I still can't.

Cost, and ease of use. Tech support/repair, etc. Friends that don't also have a fancy computer to play on, but they DO have a PS3/360. I was happy with my old 2003 computer even until I had to move, because outside of gaming or video editing, you don't need a powerful/expensive set up. To me, and many others, computers aren't WORTH the money it costs in order to game when you can buy a console.
What do you mean unlike me? Trust me i know plenty enough about Computers much less about being able to hook them up to a TV i mean really who does not know that? Secondly laptops always cost more than desktop PC's,my PC cost me about $650 and i can run anything out there at max settings including crysis,fallout three ran great on my previous PC that was one that was bought as a package from frys for $400 not saying anyone can or should buy a PC for gaming to each their own i love both my 360 and PC but to say consoles have caught up to PC's graphicaly is laughable at best.

PS: i have also been modding morrowind and oblivion with all the max high end mods for years,skyrim ftw!