View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #28
clipperfan811
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Never bought a soccer game before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclownprince
You might find PES 12 to be very challenging but that's because you're probably used to playing FIFA style where defense doesn't really matter and scoring is all about either sprinting down the sideline for the cross or charging the offense for the steal near the midfield and getting a through ball to the sprinting forward for a goal. I'd say PES is more simulation-style football and FIFA is more arcade-style. PES forces you to play defense and be smarter on offense by building up play, spreading out the defense with passing, and cutting through the defense's holes to go in for the score. Scoring is much more rewarding in PES, and I always jump out of my seat when I score one.
I'll do my best to give it a try. Like I said the more I watch football on tv the more I am adapting it to the game. I'm on like my 6th season of manager mode in FIFA 09 (which seems to have pretty much everything they say they've added to manager mode in FIFA 12, minus the fancy new menus).

I started in the MLS with the Galaxy for 2 seasons, went to Bacalona for 3 seasons where I really tried to emulate (particularly in the 3 season) the possession style and utilizing the little slicing passes rather than a huge reliance on the high cross.

I just switched over to Arsenal for a taste of the premier league and for a bit more challenge. What I liked was that they tend to implement a lot of short passes a bit like Barca.

I really try to not rush the midfielders and go the other way for an easy goal but I know it's there.

My biggest gripes really are that your ai teammates seem pretty brain dead. They show no desire to obtain possession of the ball; you literally have to do everything yourself because they won't go after a ball that rolls 2 feet in front of them.

I hear PES 12 has really upped the ai, how is teammate ai?