TeamBuilder
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: is it me or is the Passing game weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
yeah but the stats will become bloated.

the lower threshhold equals a higher % of big plays. It becoems straight line running after the completion or once the rb gets through the hole. thats because the reaction times of the defense become a split second slower.

IMO, realism is achieved with a higher threshhold, because youll need to juke or make an extra cut to get past the secondary line of defense, if there is anybody between you and the goal line. and that extra cut allows the defense to make the adjustment.

once you figure the game out youll hate the threshold at a lower number.

I actually didnt like MAdden 12 at first but its growing on me, cause the game forces you to make adjustments. tipped passes only happen now when Im rushed.
read the defense and take what they give you. audibles, line adjustments are more emphasized this year. due to the imrpoved defense.
Actually I've found threshold of zero to be perfect. If you blitz seven you might get burned, just like in real life. With the threshold at zero it makes me play actual defense. With the default settings (50 threshold) you can blitz seven and if you get burned your D-lineman with 78 speed will catch up to and tackle Chris Johnson and his 99 speed while he's breaking away down the sideline... Not real IMO.

Also, with the threshold at zero, player ratings are actually taken into account. When I played against Peyton Hillis he would truck through some of my defensive backs. On default threshold my nickel corner could tackle him by himself using one arm.

Passing becomes more accurate as well. Linebackers won't super leap across the field to make ridiculous interceptions or pass deflections. Your and your opponents players become true to their ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove