View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #28
tril
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: is it me or is the Passing game weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Actually I've found threshold of zero to be perfect. If you blitz seven you might get burned, just like in real life. With the threshold at zero it makes me play actual defense. With the default settings (50 threshold) you can blitz seven and if you get burned your D-lineman with 78 speed will catch up to and tackle Chris Johnson and his 99 speed while he's breaking away down the sideline... Not real IMO.

Also, with the threshold at zero, player ratings are actually taken into account. When I played against Peyton Hillis he would truck through some of my defensive backs. On default threshold my nickel corner could tackle him by himself using one arm.

Passing becomes more accurate as well. Linebackers won't super leap across the field to make ridiculous interceptions or pass deflections. Your and your opponents players become true to their ratings.

I guess Im lookinga t it from the offensive poit of view

what you say is true to an extent , but again I dont like the straight running once you get by the initial defender. its like the defender maybe slower but if the receiever or rb is coming in his direction he can catch up via an angle. with it at 0 all of that becomes null and void.

theres still seperation at the higer numbers.

really take a look at this on zero and youll see its just running straight, you dont have to cut, or nothing regardless of where the defender is on the field.

wiith it at the lower threshhold its easy to plow staright ahead for 20 plus yard gains about 75% of the time once you get beyond the inital defender. IMO, this issue really stands out in the running game.

I just didnt like that. but to each his own.

Last edited by tril; 09-04-2011 at 02:11 PM.