View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
Geauxldenboy
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Mustangs84/Community Roster

Some LSU thoughts after looking at the depth chart (has updated ht/wt but I'm only noting the significant changes) and watching game 1:

QB
-Lee didn't have a great statistical night but it's widely believed that he will be the guy unless Jefferson's charges are dropped. His accuracy and overall probably should be at least equal to Mettenberger's. His WRs didn't really help him out against Oregon.

-I know you have a system for speed ratings but I would look at Randall's again considering that the roster has him and Lee as being equal in speed. I think Jefferson's running attributes would be a better comparison.

-I would add Stephen Rivers, who is currently listed as the 3rd QB on the depth chart. LSU lists him at 6'7 212. He's a true freshman, wears #16 and is from Athens, Alabama. I think light 20 may be a good skin tone. I would probably use WR#81 Williams or #5 Fobbs to create Rivers.

-Mettenberger's weight is now listed at 222lbs.

RB
-Blue and Ford are both listed at 215lbs.

-Hilliard is now up to 240lbs and is being used at FB

WR
-Boone is down to 195lbs

-Landry is listed at 6'0 190

-Beckham is listed as a starter in the 3-wide set.

-True Freshman #21 Paul Turner could replace either Williams or Fobbs. He's ahead of both in terms of appearing on the depth chart. He's 5'11 186 from West Monroe, La. and dark skinned.

TE
-Peterson is down to 235lbs and may need a speed boost. That or Edwards needs a drop.

-Clement is down to 251lbs

-Edwards is down to 235lbs

LT
-Faulk is up to 325lbs

-Collins has been working at LG (I see you have him on the depth chart) and may end up starting there next year since we are so senior heavy at guard, and have 2 good starting tackles. He may need a position switch.

-Davenport has dreads.

LG
-Washington is up to 326lbs

C
-Hebert is up to 304lbs and will likely be the starter at LG for the time being with Dworaczyk being out.

RG
-Turner is listed at 6'2 and has been working at C. Very likely that he'll redshirt but could be the C of the future.

RT
-Hurst is up to 340lbs, while Shaw is down to 281lbs.

RE
-Mingo is another guy whose speed or acceleration I think needs another look. He plays as fast as Montgomery. I could understand a rating switch with #54 Maclin, who is up to 241lbs now.

LE
-Edwards and Agayahere would be another pair of guys who I think could have their spd/acc switched. Agayahere hasn't flashed the same burst he did in high school while Edwards has been used on the kickoff team because of his speed. Agayahere is up to 279lbs and was used at DT vs. Oregon.

-Rasco is up to 255lbs.

DT
-Logan started vs. Oregon while Ferguson didn't appear until late in the 4th quarter.

-Johnson up to 310lbs (on official roster), Downs up to 287lbs.

LB
-Francois up to 223lbs; Hatcher 223lbs; Minter 6'2 242lbs.

-Baker 236 lbs; Randle wearing #51 and up to 210lbs.

CB
-Collins is now wearing #26

S
-I'd move Loston to the #2 SS, he and Reid will both start next year. Vinson likely should move back to FS.

Sorry if that got a little long, just trying to help.