View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
feeq14
MVP

OVR: 15
Is Downloadable Content the answer for franchise mode?

This years franchise mode is pretty good but seriously flawed and still very shallow in comparison to the now legendary NFL Head Coach 09. Scouting is all but useless untill the pro days/private workouts, contract signings are iffy, draft logic is problematic, theres no benifit to gameplaning, coaches are interchangable and have little effect, etc. Bassically all of the things that made HC09 amazing are either not present or barely there at all.

The most popular sentiment for franchise players has been "why cant they just make another nfl head coach and then let us play the games on Madden?" To which Looman has stated is just not really technically possible or feasible right now. I dont know if its the production cycle or disk space or what, but obviously we will not get HC 09 with madden gameplay greatly because it took 2 years to make that game, and for whatever reason its not fully possible.

But what if we made a trade off? What if Franchise mode HC style costed extra? Woud you pay for it? I figure the amount of money made off of micro transactions would surely get EA to figure out how to implement it. Tons of other games offer 15-30 dollar DLC packs for their games, why not EA?

Imagine that the normal madden comes out of the box with what we have been used to in franchise mode, maybe even less considering the wide gap between franchise players and everyone else. And then they could offer a delux edition of the game with the DLC already bundled, or you could just download the DLC of the HC experience for like 20-30 dollars more.

This could feasibly mean that they can put madden on a slightly different development cycle than HC. Furthermore, they could release NEW DLC throughout the season. HC 09 had 4 draft class paths that lasted 15 years each. What if for 10 more dollars sometime in February you could buy 3 more draft class paths? Even better for EA is that they could do what a lot of other companies are doing which is forcing players who buy games used to pay twice to unlock certain aspects of the game. So now if i want to buy the game traded in, I HAVE to pay to unlock the franchise mode.

I know its sinister and sounds like a rip off, but realistically, greed is often how some of the best innovations come about. Now im speaking as an adult who simply put has no problem putting an extra 20-40 dollars down to get the game that I want, but would anyone else be ready to pony up some extra cash to get the best franchise experience possible?

Last edited by feeq14; 09-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove