View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
TomZeWolf
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: One SimHead's Support for 1-Team Franchise Mode: 32-Team Control is NOT Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
74-82 should be in my opinion the range of a decent to good starter. I would like to see the ratings stretched out more, with 97-99 meaning best all time, not just best in the NFL today.

This would mean RB's would all take ratings hits, as none are at the level of the greats.

I really don't like OVR anyway. Teams don't have exact numbers to rate players, and I am usually in the camp of trying to make the game more realistic.

It would be nice for offensive scheme or the strength of other players to adjust ratings/perceptions of players. They did this in a way with Head Coach. Then teams could trade players that appear amazing (but they know are average) to other teams that think they are getting a great player. The Pats did this to the Chiefs with Cassell.

And Madden has started a very good addition this year with the player perks, where the QB gives his WR's stat boosts. I like that. It shows that it's easier for WR's to catch a pass from Brady as opposed to Russell.
I'm loving this aspect of the game. Another example of this is is in my Seahawks franchise, Sidney Rice is listed as a 'Go to guy' which boosts your QB's medium throw accuracy. So that shows the other side of the coin that great WR's can make average QB's (Tarvaris Jackson, in my case) look better than they are.