View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
TMJOHNS18
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Little Things (Missed).......

Dunno OP, some of those little things sound more like big things (commentary).

I don't think EA missed the little things this year, I just think they only focused on a small few big additions and didn't even feel to connect them at all.

Stadium attendance - Obviously it's not dynamic at all. Made to reflect year 1 teams, but what happens if I make the Jags into a Dynasty? I bet there still will be blackouts in Jville

Commentary - Almost broken on purpose. Went downhill exponentially since last year, amazing for a feature that apparently wasn't touched at all by EA. New QB spotlight seems to be really detailed for only a few of the QB's, rest seem generic with lines like "Well, he wanted to have a good game..."

Intro's - Great for play now games. Don't work for Franchise. After a few years, even 1 offseason, they won't be saying the player names anymore running out. When they had player roles a few maddens ago it worked way better because they would choose the top role players and not just always introduce set players. Heck, I'm almost certain they don't say Orton for Denver since Tebow shipped as the starter.

Some things I think they should have added (little things)... just for Franchise:

Hot Streaks - If a guy finishes the year on a hot streak, especially on a contract year, give the guy a new deal! We've all seen guys step get rewarded for one years performance in the pro's

Hold outs - Said player has great year and still making his rookie 5th rnd money. For any "diamonds" you find, they may cost you 1st round money sooner rather then later.

Cold Streaks - CPU should bench a player if he's on a cold streak (within reason). Obviously P Manning/Brady wouldn't get benched (unless it was horrid), but if I see Dalton/a rookie, or even a middle of the road vet on a cold streak on a loosing team, CPU should bench or else the cold streak could last longer.

Project players - See this role pop up but it makes no sense. If these project players don't play then they won't progress like they should. A real project player role should be used if EA brings back training camps and training during the season. Pick up a project player (Tebow), and you could have a great player, but you might have to spend most of your training time on him and if he doesn't pan out it could hurt your team as a whole.

QB of the Future - same as above. It's nice it says the CPU won't draft a 1st rnd QB (if that's true) with this role, but having training camps would help if you could develop them while you have a vet playing for a few seasons. Maybe for players with developmental roles, preseason games could be multiplied to resemble 16 game seasons. Quick fix for no training camps, and they could ride the bench but still progress decently if not played.

Better contract feedback - All you really get is "No." I want feedback, counter offers, anything other then just "No." It's annoying when you want to sign someone but you have to keep bumping the price till they sign. It would be even better if you had limited attempts, if you get rejected 3 times they won't sign at all. Also, why can I sign Front/Back loaded contracts in the bidding but can't any other time?

There's a lot of little things that could up to an even greater game. But more than likely EA will again focus one on or two issues for next years game, and the little things will keep adding up.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 09-08-2011 at 09:03 AM.