View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #124
Lieutenant Dan
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 12 Retail Impression (Franchise and Superstar Mode - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSI

I really like Franchise and can see spending a lot of time in that, but I'm disappointed w/Superstar Mode.

In Madden 07 (S Alexander cover), I played SS mode in that game to DEATH. Even my wife got hooked on it and played two careers as a DB and WR! But what made that game's SS better than M12's SS? Depth, immersion and AI logic.

Things I miss from 07:

--I loved how you could select your parents for a good DNA 'recipe' for your player, which affects his ratings and how good he can be. If you want a phenom right outta college that can start at a high level, you can do that or come in more lowly if you like.

--Interviews, combine, agent sigining are all cool.

--Liked the calendar w/workouts, practices, interviews, agent upgrades, etc.

--I loved creating CB's in 07, and you'd get some play. In 12, CB is boring because there's almost no action coming at you, at least in my experience so far. QB was fun in 12 though.

I just prefer 07's SS setup, plain and simple. I think M12's SS mode is just too stripped down.

I did enjoy my M12 SS mode as the 'saviour' rookie QB for Seattle, but injuries were an issue with the rest of the team during the season. And then in the offseason...what happened?? We start the preseason games with only four wideouts on the roster and cut guys that should not have been cut?? What happened to the roster was a disaster, and I didn't even want to proceed with a second season.

Someone please tell me that I glitched or something and that their experiences with the roster turnover/mismanagement aren't a problem?

Like I said, I can be fine w/just Franchise; it's great. But SS would be nice to get back into, even if it's a little basic and less immersive than 07 was.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"