View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #79
balcobomber25
Banned

balcobomber25's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Madden the answer this year for football gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, with Battlefield, FIFA(more copies FIFA sold worldwide than Madden), NHL and Madden, EA may have a chance of breaking even or maybe making a profit, correct?

I'm sure there are other companies that have lost profits since 2007, not just EA. Times are tough all over. Although, the people who want to see EA lose profits are the one's who quickly point out it's the quality of the games, not the tough times we are in.

I'd say it's a mixture of both.
No they wont, they are still projected to lose money for the 4th quarter of 2011. Those releases will lessen it but they will still lose money nonetheless. Number of copies sold is only a small piece of the pie, for instance FIFA may sell more than Madden but it also costs twice as much to develop, advertise, and distribute. EA also pays licensing fees to both FIFA and individual clubs. In the end the profit difference between Madden and FIFA isn't as great as some make it out to be.

Not every company is losing money Activision Blizzard, Zenimax (Bethesda) and SCE (Sony games) all turned a profit last year.

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the anti-EA haters on here, NHL 11 is one of my favorite games of all time and I would give anything to have MVP baseball back.