Thread: Wr jump
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #20
cheapargentina
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
Sorry this is so umm late I didn't realize you responded. The conservative catches include the back arching over the shoulder catch, all of the sideline toe tapping animations that don't require leaping and pretty much ever catch you see that doesn't have the arm extended. The cpu uses these in the most inopportune times it seems but I think holding Y instead of tapping it will trigger these instead of the aggressive catches. Easy example: throw a drag over the middle without pass lead and you should get a catch where the receiver lets it go into his chest but if you pass lead (might not get it every time) you'll get an animation where the WR reaches out his arms when making the catch.

As to how many different animations there are for conservative catches I couldn't tell you as a lot of them are similar and don't have that wow factor that the aggressive catches have.

Not sure if you can change the traits but as they have made rosters editable I'd think you should be able to.

Have you ever made one of the 1 handed catches under user control? I personally have never done it and would like to know what the game considers them other than spectacular catches.
Hahaha sorry this response is super late as well hadnt been back on OS in awhile been busy. I have found out a few things yes holding Y triggers conservative body catches tapping it will make the receiver go up for the ball with his hands.
Yes I have been able to make user one handed catches but they seem to trigger when in proper position and haven't been able to trigger them by doing anything different myself.

To get a receiver to jump on a bullet pass you can move the left stick away from the ball and then towards the ball right as you press y.

Only problem I have now is turning around playing on anything higher then pro since offensive strafe is turned off on all pro and all madden.