View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
infemous
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 2 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

I'm beyond exasperated with the ridiculous decisions being made with regards to rosters in Madden.

I mean, of all players to get a decrease, why isn't it Tony Romo? He singlehandedly cost his team a game, including a 14 point lead.

I don't agree with changing anyone's ratings, except for ones he obviously had wrong in the first place (e.g Randall Cobb's speed) but if you are going to make such wholesale changes to the rosters and decrease players who played well, WHY oh WHY isn't Romo decreased?

Firstly, these updates are the most stupid thing to happen to Madden.
Ratings and rankings of players are based on consistency, and to boost and lower players after 1 game is just an indication of poor basic understanding of the sport.

Secondly, what happened to hot streaks? I mean, they were supposed to act as an in game mechanism that are triggered after a good and bad game. Now why does Cam get a 4 point boost, when he could just be put on a hot streak?

I'm sorry but there seems to be a clear example of a lack of common sense or rudimentary football IQ over at EA Tiburon, especially with regards to these rosters.

Furthermore, why are FS and SS being switched over every week? It's pretty apparent OJ Atogwe has always been a FS, and Laron Landry is clearly a better fit for SS. Why were they swapped?
Why is Quintin Mikell now a FS?

Safeties roam around the field and swap sides all the time. Just leave them be.
It's tinkering for the sake of it, to make it appear something is actually being done when in fact, nothing of use comes out of these changes.

Weekly roster updates should reflect injuries (and please, make sure your information is correct, Robert Quinn is not injured at all, he was only deactivated vs the Eagles because he wasn't ready) and signings, as well as equipment, numbers and appearance.

Should there be any desire to update ratings? They should only be done onc every 6 weeks, to actually reflect a body of play, instead of one good performance.

Please, is there any way we can make EA understand that this one man system or roster control is failing MISERABLY???????