View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
CurryStorm
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
Heisman "smarter" than AA?

Maybe smarter isn't the best word but I'll explain. I just played the same matchup, Rutgers at UNC, with Imwhatzup1982's All American sliders and then played with Matt10's Heisman sliders. You can go in each one's thread and see the stats.

One thing I noticed going from AA to Heisman is that the CPU called a far more wide range of plays on offense on Heisman than they did on AA. Rutgers, on Heisman, seemed to commit to the run more, ran some great draws, counters and even a play or two out of the wildcat. I didn't see any of this play calling on AA. The CPU's defense also used goal line on short yardage situations on Heisman, but I very seldom saw it used in the AA game. The one thing that the CPU did on Heisman that really sucked was kept trying to kick 60 yard field goals, where the CPU would punt in that same situation on AA. Oh, and last thing of note, while the CPU's passing stats were similar in both games, the CPU QB's throws looked... so much uglier on Heisman - I never saw so many "dying ducks" in my life. Many of them were completed, but they just looked so freaking ugly.

I'm not someone who plays 50 play-now games testing sliders, but these are just some observations I had from playing the same matchup back-to-back first on AA and then on Heisman. Is it just my imagination or does the computer call a more varied game on Heisman, while keeping it vanilla on AA?
Advertisements - Register to remove