View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #237
gorillapittpray
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

BLAZER WEEKLY

BLAZERS SAY GOOD BYE
TO 16 SENIORS
Photobucket
(PICTURED SENIORS TOM SLAUGHTER AND EUGENE JACKSON)

UAB wishes the best for 16 seniors who have been a big part in the recent success of this university. A big part of turning this program around was soft spoken defensive end Jerry Bowser who leaves the school as the all time sack leader with 38. He also has the single season record for sacks at 22.0
I want to thank Coach Rhatigan, and everyone at UAB," Bowser said. "I had a great time for four years here. Everyone there helped me work towards my dream of playing in the NFL and giving me a chance to support my family. It tough because we're like brothers here, especially in the locker room, and I'm really going to miss playing with all of the guys. I received some individual honors this year, but I have to give credit to the rest of the defense because I couldn't have done any of it without them.
Along with Bowser leaving is Tom Slaughter, James Moses, Wayne Smith, Jarrod Bradley, Sam Brown, John Parker, Dylan Alexander, Chase Chavis, Thomas Moore, Brad Swan, Adam Chase, Dan McCray, Nathan Davis, Mark Parrish and Eugene Jackson.
"We appreciate everything these young men have done for UAB and want to wish them all of the best," said Rhatigan.