View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Has Watching The NFL This Year Made You Give Madden 12 More Credit?

I have been watching way more NFL games this year, being in multiple fantasy football leagues and having all the games available over the internet. What I have noticed is quite a few of the things that frustrate me in Madden 12, do actually happen on Sunday and are "True" to the game. Now I am by no means claiming Madden 12 is perfect or even where I believe it should be by now but it does replicate more things correctly, than I originally noticed. For example, I saw Eagles L. McCoy, bounce a play to the outside after causing defenders to get "traffic jammed" to the inside. Whenever I see this happen in Madden 12, I get so frustrated when that happens to my defenders but Madden 12 actually replicates that pretty well.

That said, the one handed interception in Madden 12, is ridiculous because of the way the football "sticks" to the players hand, instead of being bobbled in and there has to be multiple "fight for the ball in the air", player animations added next year. In spite of things like this though, I have to commend the game for what it does get right this year.

Normally I watch the NFL and think "why can't Madden look like that" and even though there is some of that this year, there have been many moments where I realize, what I thought was Madden 12 "cheese", is NFL authentic. Of course these nuances have to be tuned better for authentic frequency but this year is better than the others, imo.

There is still plenty of room for improvement but I give the developers credit for this game seeming to finally be making a strong push to replicate NFL football.

Can't wait to see how Madden 13 and 14 shake out.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 09-19-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove