View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #54
fcboiler87
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
lol? WVU isn't a blue blood program. They just hired a guy 2 years removed from being Houston's OC which is comparable to what my coach was at if not worse. Hell Rich Rod, was HC @ Tulane or Toledo(I can't remember which one) for only two/three years, and had ONE 10+ win season. WVU isn't Miami, USC, Notre Dame, etc. I find Michigan hiring Brady Hoke more baffling than WVU hiring my OC.
How is what I said funny? It would be hilarious if in real life WVU hired SDSU's OC. It's not going to happen and is not realistic. WVU is a major conference team. A major conference team does not hire a mid major coordinator to be their HC. It just would not happen. You're getting into semantics trying to justify why it was legit. Rich Rod was the HC. Big difference between OC and HC. A major conference team would hire a guy who was an HC at a mid major. Happens all the time. Holgorsen was an OC at a major conference team. There's a big difference between that and the OC from SDSU. There just is. You can enjoy your game and have fun how you want - that's your prerogative. But it doesn't make the game realistic at all and that's why I'm vying for.