View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #41
rymflaherty
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Someone explain this potential thing to me

I've been reading all these responses - and this is one of those times that I honestly think the arguments on both side of this make sense.......I guess that's why it's an issue without an "easy fix".

Because of this - personally, I think the biggest problem with this is with the CPU.

As others mentioned, as the User, you can choose to ignore the ratings to some extent. You can make decisions based on performance or like in the OP's example, you can put up numbers that far exceed what the OVR rating would indicate.

So to me a bigger issue is the CPU managing rosters seemingly based off these numbers and not taking performance into account.
An example I've seen is with the Jets. In one of my franchises they were one of the worst teams in the league for 3 straight years. Kind of surprising - but then I'd watch the numbers and Mark Sanchez was the worst QB in the league. I'm talking QB rating in the 60's and 20+ Int's a year. The CPU obviously kept running him out there because he had an 89 rating. Granted, as a 1st round guy the Jets would give him more than a fair chance to turn things around......but when you see situations like this it really ruins the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove