View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
RealmK
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Realm's NHL 12 SS sliders (Wip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Realm absolutely terrific job so far! I have had 3 completely different games. First game I was the Sharks vs. Ducks and won 3-1. Second game I was the Wild vs. Oil and lost 5-3. I came back from a 3-0 defecit only to give it right back up. Sounds a lot like the Wild's preseason game last night, just vice versa . The third game I played I was the Wild vs. the Jackets. I lost 2-1 but got absolutely dominated. My only goal came with 5 seconds left. I think the shots were 55-15. Absolutely nuts. The other games were not as lopsided. This is what makes the sliders so good. Every game has been different, just like the real NHL. I just have to try to win one with the Wild.

Overall Realm I am just loving these. The CPU finally adjusts to the way I play. This is what I've been asking for. I am finally unable to do the same thing every time down the ice. I have to dump the puck in, cycle low, move it to the point, etc. Just an awesome feeling. I think the difficulty at 0 is perfect for me. The only thing I would even think about changing is the speed of the CPU. It seems as though the CPU moves in hyperspeed. They're a little too dominant in a sort of unrealistic way because of this. They just move around a little too fast for my liking. This could just be because it's on Superstar. If that's the reason then I'll live with it.

Otherwise Realm you have a great start. This is the perfect skill level for me. The best thing is if it gets too easy along the way (which I doubt), we have a lot of room to bump up the difficulty since it's down at 0. I'm thinking of playing about 10 games or so before even thinking about changing anything. Sliders don't play out to their full potential until about 10 games IMO. I will also say that I'm just going to continue playing with the Wild. They are the team I'm running with in my Be A GM so I want to get used to them. In my first two games with them on these sliders I've been outplayed so I need to figure out how to not have that happen.
Thanks for the kind words Bwiggy, I really love how the game plays this year, AI is very solid imo. Getting a great challenge out of these and games have been varied. Glad you like them!