View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #48
stew514
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead73
It isn't ignorant to say suck it up. Yes we all know that it definitely needs adjusting, but we all also know full well that playing with people that you don't know online, in any game, be NHL, COD, any sort of online game, you are going to come across those that cheat, lie, abuse, and glitch what ever they can to win. More than anything i feel, it reflects more on the type of person the glitchers are than it does on EA.

I'm not an EA fanboy and am not trying to vindicate them from anything, because the hipcheck is broken. It is obvious that it needs revisiting. But sitting complaining about the people that abuse the system then say that it is all EA's fault, in my eyes is like the person that blames gun manufacturers for any murder commited with a gun. (Obviously not the same degree of severity, but it illustrates my point well.) Use it as intended, and more often then not, things work like they should. Misuse it, and it pisses people off.

Just my two cents.
There are exploits, like always goals and ******** animations. However the hip check essentially lets you have 99 checking without wasting a single point in strength, and no amount of balance can help you regardless of how slightly they brush you. I can't imagine the EA developers are looking at these highlights and going "well yeah that's how we envisioned it!!!"