Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #10
PowerofRed25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cheese or No Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
No earthly reason? It clinched a national title.

He would have stopped it, but he had his guy set to strip so I ran him over. I played a gamble and won. He played a gamble and lost.
A gamble is taking a chance on something with a greater chance of failing than succeeding. Fake punts against any defense are one of the highest percentage 'Down & Short' plays in the game. I have never once been stopped on a fake punt run, and I'm guessing neither have you, which is why you felt it was a good idea.

Do not come on here looking for validation of your cowardly play call and then get defensive when someone takes the other side. You reasoning is garbage. If you were so dead set on gaining that one and a half yard for all the Tostitos/Mardi Gras beads, then line up and go for it, slam it down his throat and the trophy is yours. I can fully get behind that. Instead, in a 7-6 game where defense clearly dominated, you were too scared to go for it legitimately, so you took the easy way out with a fake punt run.

Even Les Miles would think you're a clown. But hey, congrats on that title boss, it'll look super on your mythical trophy shelf.