View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
Midgeotto
Rookie

OVR: 17
Re: What is your Franchise style?

Personally I control all 32 teams. I tried to start a dynasty this year controlling only 1, but the issues that arise from doing so made it impossible for me to keep with it and still find it enjoyable. For my first real season of play I simulated to 2013 so I could use my Quarterback imported from NCAA 12.

When controlling all 32 teams I make all the important decisions while allowing the CPU to handle some of the minor things. The biggest annoyance that comes with this is when the CPU tells me such and such Coach needs to sign someone instead of telling me the team name. I'm really bad with names.

When it comes to Free Agency I look at the top 15 Free Agents and use a random number generator to simulate their interests in a variety of things such as Salary vs Winning. I then look at which teams are interested in the player and assign a score as to where he should sign. It's really time consuming, but I find it kind of fun.

For the Draft I generally do go through each round, though I can't say my decisions are always the best. I do keep it fair and all my trades are based off of trades that have been made IRL. This is generally my least favorite thing as the scouting system in Madden 12 is poor, in my opinion.

For Gameplay I utilize All-madden sliders that I customize to ensure that the game remains fair and competitive. Pending the occasional upset, teams that are favored generally win the game as they should. I never simulate any plays, but when it comes to field goals on defense I set the controller down as blocking field goals is a little on the easy side. I never choose the same play twice on any drive, and I never utilize any "money plays".