View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
twimstaxs
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Effective Runners: Can you run in the middle without WR motion inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwubbie
For the guys who run well on All-Madden, are you able to run up the middle consistently well without motioning a WR inside?

Before I made any running game adjustments, I was running 3.5 ypc with Frank Gore, mostly on inside handoffs.

After I made running game adjustments, I started motioning my WR to the middle of the line, audibling to a toss or counter when the defense started to pinch their linemen. I've also been holding the truck stick forward when I see a lane open up. This has resulted in me having 150+ yards rushing every game and about a 4.7 ypc average. I've broken off big games up the middle, as well as on the toss plays (after motioning the WR to the other side of the field, taking the CB with him). Just the other day, I bulldozed the Ravens and Redskins with this strategy.

I'm happy I've found success running the ball, but I only run the Iso play, HB Toss, and HB Counter from I-Form: Pro. And it just feels cheap for me to run the same 3 plays over again, and it feels cheap to use the WR as a lead blocker inside.

I don't like to play like this. If it's possible to run "legitimately" I'll discard this and learn to run in a more "fair" fashion.

Any thoughts (and tips if there's a "better" way to be running)?
There is nothing wrong with running the same run plays because how many different run plays can one team run right? The only issue I have with your strategy is the WR in the middle of the line. That is just ridiculous. You need to run formations that have more TEs if you need more blockers. If the DL pinches NEVER run up the middle. Toss it outside or run off tackle. If the line pinches I usually audible to a quick pass play.