View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
PowerofRed25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anybody else have a problem with pass protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikesPeakUC
Anytime I come out in a five wide set, the defense usually responds by playing in Quarter, and the DT always rips right through my center and sacks the QB. It's really changed the entire way I call offense. Even rushing three, the d-line gets in really quickly, so I've gone to a more conservative gameplan. My center is a 90 overall, and it doesn't matter if I play Alabama or Akron, the DT gets the same amount of pressure out of Quarter against the pass.
Same here. I wanted to run a balanced spread offense, half Oregon-half Oklahoma State, but I can't get the passing half to work at all in this dynasty I'm in because I just have no time. The interior of the DL blows right through the interior of my offensive line within 2 seconds and I'm running for my life or getting smacked as I try and throw a 5 yard route. I'm not commish of the OD so I can't control the sliders, but I had to significantly change what I do.

I went from a balanced spread attack to creating Tom Osborne's option offense (plus Wishbone) and running it 50 times a game. My last game was 50 rushes for 470 yards and 7 TD, 2 of 3 passing for 5 yards. I guess whatever works but the ease at which the interior of the line walks through my line is troubling.