Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #20
chelios7
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA Soccer 12 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master STS
" It used to be the insane team press on FIFA 11, now this year it’s backpassing. Yes, there are some players who, once they have taken the lead, will pass you to death and take advantage of this year's lack of pressure button. Technically, you can counter this by tweaking your own tactics to just as extreme levels, but by then no part of the game will resemble a real football match anymore. "

That's why I won't buy a football game this year, it just doesn't step up the realism from a player's/viewer's perspective. Goals are monotonous and you don't see any real football tactics and plays.
Honestly, this is the first time where I feel like I really have to set up things and play as a team instead of just running down the wings and crossing the ball in for a goal. I've been playing FIFA for a long time and this is the closest to a team game that I have played in a long time. After going in yesterday and adjusting some of the team tactics its even better.

I was playing as Tottenham vs. Everton yesterday and had a beautiful goal with Bale that easily mirrored his goals against AC Milan last year. I worked the bale into their end, opened them up with some good passes, slid it through to Bale and he cut across the face of the goal and curled one into the top corner right where Howard couldnt reach it. I definitely didnt have goals that felt like that last year.

Yes, its not perfect, but for a videogame its fantastic.