View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
doubldragon
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstokes31
After getting about 5 years into my Career Mode, I noticed a fairly severe issue with the scouting/Youth Academy system. I checked with several of my friends with FIFA 12, and they too had the same problem (although they didn't notice it until I pointed it out). I figured I would share the problem with you guys and get your thoughts.

The issue I am experiencing has to deal with players that are brought up to the senior squad from the Youth Academies having non-renewable contracts. For instance:

Player A was scouted by me and signed to my youth academy. From there, I signed him onto my senior squad for a 3 year contract. However, at the end of the 3rd season when renewing all other expiring contracts, Player A's contract or negotiation status was "contract accepted". This is false, I never offered Player A a contract extension. However, once advanced to the next season under the pretense that Player A had already had his contract extended, Player A was not only no longer on my roster, but not in the game at all (could not be found via transfer windows, not even in free agents).

As a thought for a possible solution, the following year Player B was in the exact same situation, with the exact same contract status. I attempted to negotiate a contract, even though it was showing the status as "contract accepted". The game then told me that since he already accepted a contract (which was obviously never offered), that I could not negotiate. Once advanced to the next season, Player B no longer existed either.

Upon even further examination, I found that ALL of my players brought up from the youth academy and signed to my senior squad had the "contract accepted" status immediately upon joining the senior squad. Therefore, it seems the only way to keep any of my youth players in the game is to sell them all and hopefully re-buy them down the road, or release them all and hope to re-sign them through free agency.

For players like myself that play multiple seasons of Career Mode, this is a serious flaw in the game, as it renders the Youth Academy feature completely useless as I cannot resign any of my scouted players. Why scout players if you'll never be able to re-sign them?

Anyways, I hope none of you are having this problem, but as I said, ALL of my friends with FIFA 12 have this same problem, it just may not be apparent until you get into Career Mode around 5-6 years when you start inexplicably losing your youth players.
I'm almost done with my first season. I'll try and verify this. Has anyone else verified this? If it's true, I would begin to try and contact EA about it.That would be a little bit bigger than a simple glitch.