View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Is it momentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Okay, I just played a guy who used the Panther's, his formation read 2wr 1rb 2Te's. When he got out on the field, it was a 5 wr set, I came out in cover 4 over as someone told me what to expect and double the TE Olsen.

I did so, and I got torched for 5 TDs from Olson from the same formation and play to the SAME SPOT! I even manually controlled my Lb underneath and when the ball arrived, I hit Triangle and X and my players didnt even budge, but guess what... His TE Olsen caught the ball in the endzone every single time and never dropped a pass when he was hit as the ball got there.

My opponent messaged me to step my game up as he only ran 2 run plays for 30yds and that 1 pass play for over 400. What is there to step up from something like that TNT?

It just seems like I am making excuses for losing but when you put it all together, the lagg seems to be helping him as he seems to play that pass play flawlessly in it.

Dunno what to do besides just give up on competition madden altogether outside of Sim leagues. Tired of the BS overriding football logic as Patrick Willis being manned up on olsen with a safety over the top and he just stands there as the ball floats in the air without even defending or swatting at the ball.

I was told that I am delusional!
Smoke,

Assuming I' understood what you mean with your description, it sounds like the All Verticals play. But let's break this down from the beginning.

Since he wants your base personnel on the field, the first thing your opponent checks is your initial alignment. He'll probably do this on the trips side first, so it is the first place you should look to disguise your coverage.

If you open with Cover 4, you are in a good position to cover the sidelines but the middle will be exposed meaning the TE should be targeted against 1-on-1 coverage with a MLB. If you aren't immaculate with your user skills, it is easy to complete this pass EVEN in tight coverage. Lag will only exasperate any weaknesses in your technique. Cover 3 may work better to take away the TE, but it will leave the Triangle/Y receiver open in the seam with room to run (not better).

When you see this play again (and you will), move something near the trips side of the formation and make sure the routes that cross the middle have the defender positioned on the inside. Use your manually controlled player to undercut the route...

I like to use Man Under 2 for this play... I control the deep safety and come up toward the LOS til I'm 2 yards behind where the OLB would be and play the routes in the middle between the hashes and numbers.

Of course, elaborate a little more about what was happening so I can give you the best advice for your situation.

Later