View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
Streets
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 7 1/2 hours left...Final goodbyes to 2k11

I did a player-lock association with my brother-in-law with the nets (27 games, Superstar Sim).

We traded Williams, Lopez and Picks essentially for Melo (him) and Wall (me). It was us and scrubs. The first two seasons, we didn't make the playoffs and were constantly in contention for league's worst record.

Through great drafting and trades we ended up with an awesome team for season 3. We made the playoffs as the two-seed. We beat Indiana in the first round 3-1, we swept the Knicks in round two (since we took Anthony), we came back from down 0-2 to beat the Bulls 3-2 in an amazing series. We were lucky that the Heat were upset by Philadelphia in round one, and the Lakers were also eliminated early.

In the finals we had the Houston Rockets and our starting center (Javal McGee got injured). Backup DeAndre Jordan stepped up and helped stop Yao, but I FINALLY had an easy pointguard I could abuse (instead of Collison, then Williams, then Rose), and we coasted to a four-game sweep. Game 4 was Sunday. Fitting end to 2k11 finally winning the chip after three years. On to 2k12!