Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #49
DorianDonP
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
The main reason that I don't is because I feel, who am I to determine what moves another team does or doesn't make?

The NFL is chalk full of teams who make bad decisions (many of those decisions can be found in what people complain about Madden - releasing good players and keeping bad players; drafting the same position over and over again [Detroit, anyone???]; bad trade logic; etc.). I run my team the way I want to, and outside of that I feel I'm in no place to determine what moves the Washington Redskins do or don't make.

While a human may be able to better manage a Madden team than CPU AI, there's going to come into play the human bias that is going to affect all 31 other teams in the league, and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather watch the CPU make some wonky moves than have ME influence the builds of all 32 teams.

I have asked myself that before. Who am I to make changes to what the computer is doing? But then I realize that I am the one that spent 60 bucks on the game and the way I maximize enjoyment is to be immersed into realism. I just can't deal with the unrealistic AI.

Realism, to me, doesn't mean making sure the CPU teams all have A+ drafts and free agent signings with no "bad decisions". You are right, teams in real life do make weird choices. I just make sure these wonky choices don't become the standard for the franchise simulation that I am attempting to become invested in.

I guess I just disagree with your last sentence. I'd much rather have my understanding of football (which includes cognitive thinking, foresight, and an eye for detail) to be the major influence on my franchise than hit or miss programming that can absolutely take the immersion out of the equation.

Plus, I realize I spend more time getting to know all of the teams (and thus being able to imagine storylines) when I scroll through each team and make sure nothing too nonsensical is going on.

The Ravens, with a 90 rated Joe Flacco, signed a 92 rated Matt Shaub in my franchise. Sorry, I just can't let that slide and say "better the computer than me."