Old 10-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #85
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm gonna stand by my comments earlier in this thread that David Garrard should have been this team's QB. I know there were reports about him losing the team and perhaps not playing well in preseason, and maybe that was the case.

But if you plug in 2010 Garrard onto this team, it's a division and playoff contender.

The defense is looking great, the new safety duo has been key. Pos was a great pickup.

They've barley blitzed all season, but just sitting back and playing cover 2 has worked because the coverage has been great.

Sunday against New Orleans, they showed some nice blitz packages and they actually worked. This is the first Jags game in probably 2 years where I felt like they could dial up some pressure and have some success. The Daryl Smith INT was great because it was the same look they showed earlier, except Smith dropped into coverage.

So, I think it's a wasted season of great defense. Gabbert may be good some day, but he's holding the team back at this point and if they were getting stellar QB play, they would be a much better team.
I'm not seeing any indication that 2010 Garrard exists anymore. They cut him pretty much last minute (crazy unless you really know you can't win with that guy). His teammates spoke up about not being surprised. There's been no dispute from Garrard's camp about the claims being inaccurate. And no team has picked him up, with the only excuse being that he wants to be a starter. Well the Colts needed a starter and they didn't want him either.
Advertisements - Register to remove