Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #60
Solidice
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Is In The Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It's true that many PC games release several patches, but what these patches actually do is completely different.

Most PC games(good ones anyway) have nearly all the big issues fixed before the game is released, and any that aren't are fixed in the first patch. Then minor bugs or balance tweaks will be fixed in the next couple patches as they are found. They usually do not (a) introduce NEW gamebreaking glitches, (b) leave broken parts of the game everyone complains about intact(i.e. psychic cpu). Usually with a (good) PC game the game is at least 95% perfect by the second patch.
If most PC games have nearly all the big issues fixed before release, then why do most have a day 1 patch? and then still have many issues? and FWIW, some PC patches usually end up being bigger fixing more things than console games typically.

I'm not sure how the NCAA patches are different than PC patches. they both are fixing and/or tuning the game in an attempt to make it "better".

also, if your going to include psychic DB as "broken", then there are a lot of "broken" PC games out there. I would comment about the random 95% perfect stat, but it's no use.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 10-08-2011 at 10:35 AM.