View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
ReMeDy
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm noticing more pass defense success manually controlling a guy in coverage

First off, I'm playing on All-American. I'm confident the QB A.I. cheats on All-American and higher, as many drives when they're down on points, they start going all Tom Brady on me and make every completion with 100% efficiency. This includes 69 overall QB's. Eventually, I said enough was enough, and switched from manually controlling a D-Linemen to controlling a LB or DB in coverage. Success!... The QB starts forcing more mistakes.

My theory is that the QB A.I. can't "mind read" a human controlled opponent, like they can a cpu automated defender, so they hesitate a lot in the pocket when looking at human controlled coverage. This hesitation grants me a lot more coverage sacks, or has caused the QB to simply scramble more.

Furthermore, taking a guy into manual coverage is a lot quicker than figuring out the correct audible to get the defender to, say, zone. For example, let's say it's an obvious passing down shotgun situation, yet I have a LB manned on a HB. The odds are the LB is wasting his time, so why not save time and just control the LB myself into coverage rather than fiddle with telling the CPU to do it for me with a lot less success?

Regardless, I'll put it this way - manually controlling D-Linemen seem like a waste of time to me. My guy/s always just get pancaked every time I do a finesse/power move. At least in coverage I'm disrupting the offense E-V-E-R-Y single play by messing with the cpu's intelligence. Whether I force the mistake or not is irrelevant - as long as I'm disrupting him, it's a win on every single play. I can't say the same playing as a D-Linemen.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 10-08-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove