View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
shades3370
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shades3370 Heisman Slider set

I busted out the stopwatch yesterday to see just how long routes took to develop, (sample size was about 3 games) 3 step drops averaged approx 1.6 seconds while 5-7 step drops were in the 2.5 range (time from the snap to the quarterbacks release). This tells me that game speed on fast is a tad bit slow. I bumped it up to very fast and hit the lab, i noticed that the game plays far more like a real football game but when you measure 40 times the players are way too quick. I've decided to keep it on fast because id rather have accurate 40's and be able to hold the ball for that extra .2-.4 seconds.
I downloaded patch 3 but i didnt like it's effects on line play. With patch 3 installed, average defensive linemen often make offensive linemen look like traffic cones. I ended up deleting patch 3 and the tuner so now im playing the game straight out of the box. Since deleting patch 3 ive made a couple of changes to the sliders to make them more challenging:

-CPU QBA is now 50, ive noticed that this doesnt necessarily make them more accurate but it increases their awareness. For instance lets say youre playing Cover 2 but your SS is too deep; with QBA at 50, the QB will hit the X receiver in the soft spot in the zone.
-Interceptions have been bumped up to 45/75. I feel that the CPU secondary plays more aggressively with these settings, allowing you to work the pump fake on double moves. This also helps mediate the fact that you have a little bit more time in the pocket pre-patch.
-CPU rush defense is now 50, I want defenders to stick to their gaps.

Everything else remains the same, ill put up some stats later on in the day.