View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
steelersfan77
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I'm noticing more pass defense success manually controlling a guy in coverage

The only time I control a defensive lineman is when I'm playing with an all-american type of talent. I set the sliders at a tough enough setting where it takes alot of work to get to the QB.

My favorite position to control is actually the CB position. What I like to do is jam the opponents best reciever with the auto control function (because I can't yet see the reciever) and then once I can see the DB/WR battle is when I just try to blanket the reciever. The AI QB can't seem to pick up what I'm trying to do and will usually stay away.

I've also been called for PI penalties when I try to break on the ball. For some reason the AI DB can morph through my reciever but I can't on the AI WR. Oh well.

If the dev team would add some animations between the WR/DB while the ball is in the air it would activate some PI calls. Sounds simple but I'm not sure. Obviously the game is based off of canned animations so creating animations is their bread and butter of the gameplay. Then get rid of the morphing. Example, safety morphing through a WR. Have the animation show early contact.

I also like to control the MLB filling gaps in the run game and breaking on slot passes. Yes, I've gotten beat over the top by tight ends when their's no safety help.