Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #89
Palo20
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Teammates weren't surprised because many of them didn't think he was very good. He was bad in practice, and that's why he got cut.

This team is not 3-2 with Garrard. And they aren't better than the Texans, with or without him. They'd be 2-3 at best, with the schedule only getting harder. Today's game was certainly not on Gabbert. I think you're way over valuing Garrard. He was very good for one year, and barely average after that. He was pretty much only good for not throwing int's and hitting slants. You aren't going to the playoffs with Garrard, so Gabbert might as well get his playing time now. Heck look at the Jaguars own website. They were saying the Jags might lose more games this year before Garrard was cut.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
I shouldn't bring up the Garrard thing every week, but he's still a lot better than most in Jacksonville will admit. Pro Football Focus (they grade every play) had him as their #2 QB in 2008, #9 in 2009 and #12 last year. Each of those years, he was working behind one of the bottom 10 OLines in pass protection (using their numbers). And of course, the WRs have been below average for years. The Jags had the least amount of "3 and outs" in the league last year and it wasn't even close. They moved the chains efficiently. Garrard does not get enough credit for making something out of nothing for many years.

Gabbert is PFF's lowest rated QB this year coming into this week.

Now, I'll drop the Garrard stuff, I understand if he was struggling in camp, and the team didn't want him and all that. Either way, I'll take years of production over a couple bad weeks in camp. But people in Jacksonville wanted him out for a while, and I'm just saying the grass is not always greener.

Gabbert is still a rookie, long way to go. He hasn't shown much to this point. I hope he progresses, and I'll enjoy watching the process. But again, the defense is impressive, running game is still solid. Bad quarterback play is holding this team down from winning games.

Last edited by Palo20; 10-10-2011 at 01:10 AM.