View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #397
ARM34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Updated - Friday, Oct. 14th @ 2:20 am - FOR NBA 2K11

NOTE: I spent 2 hours watching youtube clips of old basketball games, tracking movements, spacing, etc. of real-life games. I then spent time tweaking things in-game from that aspect. After nearly 3 hours of testing tonight, I think I have finally nailed the super-star level sliders. The changes over the last few days have been drastic, but I'm seeing animations now that I've NEVER seen in this game (and I've played 2K11 to death). This game is now a TON of fun to play on superstar level, and these latest changes really open the game up. It really looked like what I was seeing in the real games. Enjoy!

OFFENSE (User / CPU):
3-Pt Success: 50 /
50 (lowered from 51 each)

DEFENSE (User / CPU):
Help Defense Strength: 0 / 0 (lowered from 1 each - no more stupid AI switching, leaving you out of position!)

ATTRIBUTES (User / CPU):

Quickness: 54 / 46 (lowered from 55 / raised from 45)
Vertical: 54 / 46 (lowered from 55 / raised from 45)
Hands: 80 / 75 (raised from 75 / raised from 73 - value the ball!!)
Blocking: 43 / 63 (raised from 42 / 62)
Defensive Rebounding: 100 / 100 (HUGE CHANGE - raised from 25 / raised from 0 - trust me!)
Clutch Factor: 0 / 0 (lowered both from 1 - clutch still works...clutch ratings now matter & shine through!)

NOTE: fouls are now back to where they were previous - see all-star fouls in post 1 - blocking fouls now back to previous 100).
Hey "MKHarsh", I'm gonna ask you again, what's the deal with OFFENSIVE rebounding in NBA 2k11 (or lack there of)? It's the most flawed stat and action in the game by far no matter what you do (sans player lock). What have done to the settings to remedy the offensive rebounding futility?

In a real NBA game teams range from 10 to about 15 offensive rebounds a game. In NBA 2k11 (with MAXIMUM effort) you're LUCKY to get half of this with all settings tweaked in favor of the stat.

Also why doesn't the game have individual rebounding totals broken down (ie 205 off rebs, 410 def rebs, 615 total rebs)? It keeps averages but doesn't have individual totals which should be very old hat by now.