View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #450
mkharsh33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

...yeah, the beauty of these is you have to know the NBA during those different generations. You've got to figure out who you're gonna try and stop.

the other night i ran a test run of my 98-99 rosters (I'm 12 teams away from 100% completion). I let John Starks go off on me for 39 points and I simply could not stop him. I lost by 16 (I think). I played again, this time keying in on him defensively. This time he went 9-31, had 21 points but was a non-factor as he hit a couple cheap ones late and I had him frustrated. In the 2nd game I changed up my defenses (sometimes) but I played the 2 guard on D and started denying him the ball. It seemed to throw the cpu's offensive sets off and put them in positions where they were taking bad shots with only a couple seconds left on the shot clock...

here's the beauty: this is REAL LIFE NBA basketball!!!! I won that game by 20. They made a run at me and cut it down to 6, and I started to get antsy and wanted to screw with the sliders again, thinking that I was wasting my time and nearly wanting to drop back down to all-star and give up on the super star set altogether. But I closed out strong and went on a run to push it back out 14 before they called timeout. They shot 43% on me... So I think I'm set with the superstar set... I just love how much smarter the game plays at this level...