View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
meep316
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Anyone ever had the protect ball button just **** out on them?

I'm up 2 TDs in a game against someone on my friends list with 1:50 left. I've got to run the ball to get a 1st because he's got all 3 of his timeouts. I run with McGahee, I'm holding R1 like I always do, and I get blasted and fumble, he recovers and ends up scoring. I'm like, okay, I've never fumbled before when holding protect ball, but that's okay because there's no way it happens again.

He onsides, I recover, like 1:30 left and he's still got all his timeouts, so I go to run again. This time with Moreno. I go to run, and on the first play, I'm holding R1 like my life depends on it, and he gets hit and HE ****ING FUMBLES and he recovers. I'm like, you've got to be ****ing kidding me. This is a guy who I really want to beat because he won a really close game the first time we played.

He ends up tying the game, and kicks off. I'm like, if I lose this game I'm never playing again (I'm sure we all say that every now and then)

So I fair catch in the end zone with 13 seconds left, and start at the 20. He's in deep prevent, so I'm like I need a miracle here. I have to somehow get to like his 46 yard line or so to be in field goal range. My first play is this (I have no clue why the stupid embed isn't working):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twbq40Jnqcc

****ing 30 (really 40) yard run for Tebow to put me at my own 49 with 4 seconds left. I only had one timeout left, so I use it obviously. I'm like okay, I can heave it up to the end zone, or I can try somehow to get like 12 yards and hope to god that I do it in 3 seconds. He is in deep prevent again, way backed off of my receivers.

I have Royal run a quick slant to the outside, I throw it, and Tebow makes a great throw (I was so scared he'd blow the throw because he has such bad accuracy that he'll f up random easy *** throws) and Royal catches it and BARELY keeps his feet in bounds, for a gain of 13 to put me at his 46 yard line and goes out of bounds with

second

left

I'm like holy **** holy **** holy ****.

I've hit 60 yarders before with Prater, this was a 56, but I had the wind was blowing against me at 3mph so I wasn't sure. I hit it with 99% power and good accuracy, and it goes in with ease. I win.

I was like, if I lost that damn game I'm never playing again. Holy **** it was fing crazy. Based Tebow does it again. *****ing protect ball button didn't even work.
Advertisements - Register to remove