View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
SonOfEd
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Question about Coach Sliders/Tendencies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
This doesn't make any sense. The left side of the bar should represent the left side of the fraction (run offense) and vice versa. If what you say is true, then the entire bar represents only the passing offense (30%).
The bar can be confusing the way it is shown/labeled. I can only speak of my ongoing experience with NCAA '11, but to me it looks the same as '12.

After running several test Dynasties, certain things popped out at me. Sim stats for GA Tech and Army just didnt look right as the QB was registering pass attempts in the mid 20's. After looking at these sliders, I found these teams were set similar to what is pictured above, in the 30's. I dropped it to lowest setting (15 I believe) and the stats began to look correct. I also noticed that this impacted the teams while playing them as well.
I found so many teams basically set to a balanced attacks with the slider around the 50 mark, and many shouldn't have been there. For example, I lowered Miss St. down to 25-30 and they began to look like Miss St. Nebraska/Augurn are other teams that this affected as well. Houston, if I remember right, was at around 55/60 default, so I upped them to 70 or 75 and they started to truly play like Houston.

The Defense Aggression slider has a huge impact as well. This impacts the constant blitzing calls by the CPU, and of course, default settings were pretty wacky. I dropped most teams to the 25-30 range, and set aggressive teams to the 50-55 range.
My gameplay experience took such a huge upswing with these changes, and is probably why I am still content playing '11.